Coronavirus: Nigerian Foods that boost your immunity
Concerning Coronavirus, the best bet we have as at today is our immune system. So in all you eat, eat foods that will boost your immunity against Coronavirus as well as other infections.
What is immune system?
Let me briefly educate you on what immune system is and what it does.
Immune system is the army of the human body. Just as the Nigerian army is defending the Nigerian territory against the enemy, the immune system are a group of cells that defend the human body from Ber enemy – bacteria, fungi, virus, protozoa, and any other disease-causing organisms.
Foods that help Boost the immune System
- Garlic: Garlic helps the immunity. For those who cannot eat it raw, you can add it in your stew. Since Iearnt this, I put as much garlic in my stew as there are tomatoes or onions. In fact most times, I use Garlic in place of onions.
- Ginger: Ginger and Garlic go together, especially in stew. You can also put it in your soup. Luckily, they are very available and cheap. So use them, to boost your body defence mechanism.
- 3. Vegetables: Examples of vegetables include: ugu, lettuce, water leaf, bitter leaf, etc. Find a way of getting these things into your food, to help boost your immunity. It must not be only soup, even if you are eating indomie, rice, spaghetti, yam, find a way of getting these vegetables into them, that is if you can not chew them alone.
- Fruits: Like tomatoes, water melon are also helpful to your immune system.
- Dark chocolate
- Drugs like, vitamin C, vitamin E
- Green tea
- Sun flower seeds
- Other lifestyle changes include:
Exercise regularly, Avoid alcoholism, Maintain a healthy weight, Always have a handkerchief handy to protect yourself in public, Avoid smoking.